Image default
Greek News

Drilling in Crete by ExxonMobil: Geopolitical developments & economic data

The cost of drilling is estimated to range from 100 to 150 million euros, with the final cost depending on the depth. As an indicative example, drilling in Egypt’s Zohr field, which shares geological similarities with the region of Crete, cost approximately $1.5 billion. ExxonMobil, being one of the largest energy entities globally, has the necessary financial stability to self-finance the drilling in Crete. HELLENiQ ENERGY, as a partner in the consortium, will contribute a share to the overall cost of drilling.

ExxonMobil is expected to make the final investment decision for the implementation of exploratory drilling within the next few weeks. In the event of a positive outcome, drilling could take place by 2025. The development of the field, if hydrocarbons are discovered, could occur in 2027. Production, in case of success, could commence in 2029 or even earlier. In conclusion, the development of the Zohr field in Egypt was completed within a four-year period from its discovery.

ExxonMobil leads the consortium, holding a 70% stake, while HELLENiQ ENERGY participates with the remaining 30%, providing expertise and experience for the implementation of the program. HELLENiQ ENERGY has knowledge of the Greek market and the regulatory framework under which such projects are implemented.

See Also:

The best snoozing strategies for surviving an “all-nighter”

ExxonMobil has intensified contacts with the Greek government to ensure the smooth implementation of the program. Deputy Minister of Energy, Ms. Alexandra Sdoukou, has held meetings with ExxonMobil executives in Washington and Cairo.

The implementation of the program could bring significant economic benefits to Greece through job creation and increased revenues from natural gas. Greece could become an energy hub in the Eastern Mediterranean region in collaboration with investments in the Alexandroupolis area and LNG floating stations. It is estimated that the exploitation of hydrocarbons in Crete could add up to 2% to Greece’s GDP.

Σχετικα αρθρα

What does the upgrade by Standard & Poor’s to a positive outlook for Greek sovereign debt mean

admin

Times: How Greece got back on its feet again after ten years of crisis – Prospects are promising

admin

Easter Bonus: Until when does it have to be paid & what applies to employees in the private sector

admin

Greece: New issue of government bonds – Limited rise in bond yields

admin

€1,480,000 in fines to 11 large chains and businesses for misleading discounts

admin

Oil price hikes: Over 3% at $90 per brent barrel following Israel’s strike on Iran

admin

Reuters: Full recovery in Greece in 2024 – Calmness has been restored in the country

admin

Easter with unleaded petrol going over 2 Euros – Why is its price so high?

admin

DEI: Up to 24 installments for the installation of photovoltaic panels in cooperation with the National Bank

admin

The reduction of the three pension bonuses was discussed in the Supreme Special Court

admin

IMF predicts Greece to grow at a faster pace than the Eurozone over the next two years

admin

Ministry of Development: EU targets influencers – They dominating social media, 20 Greeks listed for consumer deception

admin